Monday, November 30, 2015

Multimedia, Multimodal, Multi-migraines

Learning Outcome Seven: Multimedia and Multimodalities

In this course I worked with three different modes of production. My fairy-tale was text-based, my movie posters were visual, and my blog is a combination of texts and visuals.

Each of the three modes that I used are represented and received differently, especially when comparing them to an essay. Both essays and fairy-tales are text-based, but they are very different genres. Essays are usually factual, whereas fairy-tales are mythical. The target audience of an essay is usually just a teacher, where as the target audience of a fairy-tale is usually families and children. My movie posters are a different form of communication entirely. They depends on visuals to capture attention and promote a film. With a blog post, the layout and theme of the blog is used to capture attention, and then the text varies depending on the author. Differing from essays, blog posts are usually based on opinion.

The choices that I made in my three genres were based on aspects of CHAT, especially representation and reception. Based on my research, I created my texts based on who my target audience was and how I wanted them to receive my content.

No comments:

Post a Comment